BREXIT Special, Key Points:
- Introduction. With BREXIT looming, British and Australian professionals may be thinking of working in each other’s countries;
- Legislation. Our laws, regulations and codes of practice are quite similar;
- Guidance. Try the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or the Safe Work Australia websites – both are excellent;
- Jurisdictions. This is complex in a federated state like Australia, so Brits need to do their homework;
- Regulators. This varies by industry/domain – many are very similar, while some are quite different;
- Cultural Issues: Australia vs. the UK. Brits and Aussies are likely to feel quite comfortable working in each other’s countries; and
- Cultural Issues: Australia vs. the EU. There are some commonalities across the EU, but also dramatic differences.
See the ‘BREXIT Special’ full transcript here.
Back to the main WHS Page here | Back to the Home Page here.