Here are the courses that you can buy:
- Principles-of-Safe-Software; and
Risk Management 101 – Free
What You Will Learn:
- Fundamental Risk Management terms and concepts:
- What is Risk Management?
- How do we Identify Hazards?
- What is Hazard Analysis?
- What is Risk Evaluation?
- Risk (and ALARP/SFARP) Evaluation
- How do we Reduce Risk?
- What is Risk Acceptance?
- Bonus Topic: What is Risk Assessment?
My CISSP Exam Journey – FREE
When I passed the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Exam, I created this 30-minute video guide. It covers:
- The official CISSP course and course guide;
- The 8 Domains of CISSP, and how to take stock of your knowledge of them;
- The official practice questions and the Study Guide;
- The CISSP Exam itself; and
- Lessons learned from my journey.
I wish you every success in your CISSP journey: it’s tough, but you can do it!
System Safety Risk Analysis Programs – $145 (US)
What You Will Learn:
- Describe fundamental risk concepts;
- Explain what a system safety approach is and does;
- Define what a risk analysis program is;
- List the hazard analysis tasks that make up a program;
- Select tasks to meet your needs;
- Design a tailored risk analysis program for any application; and
- Know how to get more useful information and resources.
Australian Work Health & Safety – $180 (US)
In this Australian WHS Course, we show you how to practically and pragmatically implement the essential elements of Australian Work Health and Safety Legislation. In particular, we look at the so-called ‘upstream’ WHS duties. These are the elements you need to safely introduce systems and services into the Australian market. There are five lessons:
- A Guide to the Australian WHS Act – $45 (US);
- The Consultation, Cooperation & Coordination Code of Practice – $45 (US);
- The Risk Management Code of Practice – $45 (US);
- Safe Design – $45 (US); and
- How to Demonstrate that Risk is SFARP – $45 (US).
CISSP 2021: What’s New? FREE
In this course, ‘CISSP 2021: What’s New?’, we look at the significant changes that have been made to the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Official Exam Outline (the course syllabus). There are still Eight Domains – Domains 1, 3 & 7 are still broader in content than the others. Notable changes have been made to all domains, except the First Domain. The lessons are:
- My CISSP Exam Journey;
- Domain 1: Security and risk management, and Domain 2: Asset security;
- Domain 3: Security architecture and engineering, and Domain 4: Communication and network security;
- Domain 5: Identity and access management (IAM), and Domain 6: Security assessment and testing;
- Domain 7: Security operations, and Domain 8: Software development security.
Individual CISSP Lessons are not available separately.
Principles of Safe Software – $245 (US)
- Appreciate why normal SW development ≠ safe software;
- Understand how SW really causes harm;
- Understand and apply generic SW safety standards;
- List the 4+1 Principles & Understand each one of them;
- Apply the 4+1 Principles with examples, in isolation and together;
- Evaluate specific SW standards using the 4+1 Principles;
- Understand the limitations of standards and compensate for them; and
- Combine SW standards and other techniques to guard against real-world SW failures.
Individual lessons are not available separately.
Courses: System Safety Assessment with Mil-Std-882E – $495 (US)
At the end of the course, you will be able to select the right tasks and create a safety program to suit any application. You might have a full, high-risk bespoke development system. You might be taking a commercial system off the shelf and doing something new with it. You might be taking a product and using it in a new application or a new location.
Whatever it is, you will learn how to tailor your risk assessment, using the analyses you need. You will be able to meet your legal and regulatory requirements. Once you’ve learned how to do this, you can apply it to almost any system. There are thirteen lessons:
- System Safety Engineering Process – $45 (US);
- Tailoring your System Safety Analyses for any program – not available separately;
- Safety Assessment Techniques Overview – $45 (US); and
- System Safety Program (Mil-Std-882E) analysis tasks:
- Preliminary Hazard Identification (Task 201) – $45 (US);
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis (Task 202) – $45 (US);
- Safety Requirements Hazard Analysis (Task 203) – $45 (US);
- Sub-System Hazard Analysis (Task 204) – $45 (US);
- System Hazard Analysis (Task 205) – $45 (US);
- Operating & Support Hazard Analysis (Task 206) – $45 (US);
- Health Hazard Analysis (Task 207) – $45 (US);
- Functional Hazard Analysis (Task 208) – $45 (US);
- System-of-Systems Hazard Analysis (Task 209) – $45 (US); and
- Environmental Hazard Analysis (Task 210) – $45 (US);
There are also lots of free blog posts and videos available here.