In this 40-minute video, ‘Introduction to Human Factors’, I am pleased to welcome Peter Benda to The Safety Artisan.
Peter is a colleague and Human Factors specialist, who has 23 years’ experience in applying Human Factors to large projects in all kinds of domains. In this session we look at some fundamentals: what does Human Factors engineering aim to achieve? Why do it? And what sort of tools and techniques are useful? As this is The Safety Artisan, we also discuss some real-world examples of how erroneous human actions can contribute to accidents, and how Human Factors discipline can help to prevent them.
Topics: Introduction to Human Factors
- Introducing Peter;
- The Joint Optimization Of Human-Machine Systems;
- So why do it (HF)?
- Introduction to Human Factors;
- Definitions of Human Factors;
- The Long Arm of Human Factors;
- What is Human Factors Integration? and
- More HF sessions to come…
The full transcript of the video is here.